30 Day Writing Challenge – Day 3
What are your top 5 pet peeves?
I FINALLY GET TO RANT! I have been looking forward to this! Everything peeves me off! Narrowing this down to 5 may be an impossible task! I might have to make this a page all on its own! The following are five of the things I find most annoying; they are in no particular order.
- Mouth-breathers. Not only is listening to someone breathe from their mouth disgusting, but it’s also distracting to listen to during EVERY MATH EXAM throughout an entire semester. Every person I’ve ever met that is a mouth-breather has also been super annoying. I can’t tell if they were annoying due to their mouth-breathing or if maybe they were annoying before they adopted their mouth-breathing ways, but, either way, this habit has made it to the top of my list. Are you aware that nostrils are capable of this, too?
- Sand. I despise the beach. Wearing sneakers to the beach would get you some looks, and flip flops start to feel like sandpaper once the sand gets stuck in them. It makes sense to traverse a beach barefoot, but you CAN’T. Sand burns! You may as well vacation in the desert! Sure, sand exfoliates, but I’d like to keep SOME layers of my skin! Every time you open a drink, you get a mouthful of sand! Every time the wind blows, it kicks up a sandstorm! When you get back to your hotel room, you have sand in orifices you didn’t even know you had!
- Flo the Progressive girl. I have nothing against the comedienne who plays Flo; I just think this character is annoying. I hate that everyone adores her and views her as America’s sweetheart. It makes me seethe! Her jokes make me cringe, I have to change the channel every time she is on the screen, and her enthusiasm for insurance makes me fear women in their 40s. But can we PLEASE bring back the GEICO cavemen?
- People who lack patience. Come on, buddy. Your time can’t possibly be that valuable. You can wait an extra 10 minutes for your food in a restaurant, an extra 5 minutes in line at the cash register, and the person you are tailgating going nine miles over the speed limit should honestly slow down to teach you this lesson.
- Texting and driving. I don’t care who you are. Texting while driving puts lives in danger!!! If you’re looking at your phone, you’re obviously not watching the road. There is no need to record a snap of your driving, either. We all know what driving looks like. We don’t care what jam is on the radio. If the scenery is so beautiful, pull over and take a picture. If you don’t have the time, leave earlier or maybe see number 4 of this list.