30 Day Writing Challenge – Day 11
Put your iPod on shuffle. Write down the first 10 songs.
“I have great taste in music!” – Everyone
Well, Everyone, you would be dead wrong. Unless your music taste is the same as mine.
I don’t think iPods exist anymore, so I’m going to shuffle my Spotify playlist and write down the first 10 songs that I actually put on there.
- “Oh Lord” by In This Moment And we’re off to a great start! In This Moment is hands-down my favorite band and they are releasing a new album next month that I could not be more excited for! Maria Brink is the lead singer of this band and she can go from clean vocals to growling in an instant! The band describes themselves as metalcore, but I think I would describe them as screamy pop-metal, if that makes sense. A few other songs to check out are “Black Widow,” “Roots” and “Big Bad Wolf.”
- “5 Fine Frøkner” by Gabrielle First off, this song is in Norwegian, so I can’t tell you if I condone what they’re singing about… But as far as music goes, this one is still a jam! I’ll get back to you about the lyrics once I learn Norwegian.
- “Cupid’s Chokehold” by Gym Class Heroes I remember learning every word to this song when it first came out when I was about 10. This song is adorable, makes me blush, and is a standard I will continue to hold all men to. Appreciate the little things and when the right one comes along, take it seriously.
- “N.M.E.” by Set It Off What an amazing song by an amazing band. Not only should you jam out to this song, you should also look into some of the other music I recommended in an album review. These guys are so sassy and their lyrics are so witty. Just listen to them!
- “Guys My Age” by Hey Violet As far as I can tell, this song is about lost faith in young men. Pair these hopeless lyrics with a catchy tune, and you’ve got yourself the perfect song to sing in the shower.
- “#icanteven” by The Neighbourhood feat. French Montana Bear with me. I see that hashtag in the title, but this song is still good. Almost anything by The Neighbourhood is good! Though I don’t know who that French guy is… In a perfect lineup, this song would have been “Sweater Weather.”
- “I Know What You Did Last Summer” by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Caballo This one’s a guilty pleasure. But with those two talented singers and that catchy beat, how could I NOT have this on my playlist? I will sing BOTH parts of this lovely duet, thank you!
- “Nicotene” by Panic! At the Disco What’s a playlist without a little Panic!? Panic! has come a long way since its emo days, and their music is as catchy as ever! As Brendon Urie decided to try new styles of music (mimicking Queen and Frank Sinatra in the latest album), their main sound never really changed. Even as all the members left the band…
- “Bartender” by Lady Antebellum I don’t understand why country music receives so much hate. Modern country music reminds me of summer and being happy. As opposed to listening to music about encouraging women to objectify themselves for the pleasure of rappers, country musicians usually just sing about beer, trucks, and bringing a pretty girl home to momma. I love the innocence! This particular song is about heartbreak and dancing until you can no longer remember your ex.
- “Love Don’t Die” by The Fray This is a feel good song! The Fray usually impresses me, but I think this song takes the cake. It gives me hope.